The thoughts and opinions of this blog do not reflect that of the Peace Corps or the United States Government.

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Need vs. want

As I get ready to pack and look at what I want to take with me (and what I want to have mom store for 2 years), I am overwhelmed by the amount of "stuff" I have. Where did all of this come from? Most of it is stuff that I haven't used or used a while ago and just "can't" part with. Now is the time! I'm going through my stuff to pack it up and then going through it again with mom. I've gotten rid of a lot of it by either trips to Goodwill, half price bookstore, or giving things away.
I've been reading packing lists to see what is essential and the best way to pack. Everything I read gets me more excited about this new adventure! 25 days and 3 hockey games until I fly out!

2 comments:

  1. I bet that's a challenging process but likely freeing too, right? It's coming soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is challenging! It helps going through it several times. You guys cleaned out when you were thinking about selling right?

    ReplyDelete