The thoughts and opinions of this blog do not reflect that of the Peace Corps or the United States Government.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

1 week!

I can't believe it. This time next week I'm going to be in Miami for staging! My to do list is coming down. Everything is coming together. My last major things to do are my move to my parent's house and packing! I do just want to take this opportunity to say how much I have been blessed living in Cincinnati these past two years. I have had two amazing churches that I've been able to be apart of. They continue to bless me even as I am leaving. I've made some great friends here over the last two years that I am sad to be leaving and am going to miss very much (This includes people at my churches and people I work with and other friends I've made as well).
And then there's my kids. Last night they all made me cards that included a memory that they have with me. Some of these girls I've lived with for the whole 2 1/2 years that I've been here. At times they've made me laugh until my stomach hurt, and other times they've frusterated me to no end. But looking back on it, I wouldn't give it up for the world. They've taught me so much (one of those things is that I'm more like my parents than I would have thought), and they've given me memories and experiences that I wouldn't give up. With the card they gave me a picture of all of us with the Cyclones players that came over to our house! I truely have taught them about hockey! But hopefully I've taught them about the Ultimate Love as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment