The thoughts and opinions of this blog do not reflect that of the Peace Corps or the United States Government.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Here!

I made it to St. Lucia! I love it here. The people are all super nice. We have a great group of volunteers here. We did medical stuff today and start training bright and early Monday morning! I look out at the view and just feel like I am home.
Lesson #1: I thought I bought a converter/transfomer. I found out last night when I killed my alarm clock that I just bought a converter! Thankfully my laptop has a transformer built in or it would be dead right now! Just means I need to buy a new alarm clock at some point but my watch is working for now! I miss everyone back home but am having a great time!

2 comments:

  1. Fun times! Glad you're enjoying the initial introductions to the place and the people. I hope you find a new alarm clock soon! :) Thanks for updating us all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kelly! I'm not too worried about the clock because I have my watch, but I'll get one soon enough!

    ReplyDelete