The thoughts and opinions of this blog do not reflect that of the Peace Corps or the United States Government.

Saturday, February 5, 2011

PST and more

Everyone left for thier islands this morning. We finished phase 1 of PST (pre service training) yesterday. I move in with my host family today! They should be here in a couple of hours to take me home! I am super excited about it! I can't wait to meet them! For any of you that are curious the best address to reach me at is the Peace Corps office in Castries. That address is:
Sara Faison
US Peace Corps
Gablewoods Mall
Sunny Acres
PO Box 123
Castries, St. Lucia
I do like mail :) Mom is doing an experiment to see how long it will take to get to me. So far we're at a week and counting! I can't believe that I've been here for a week already!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck on the host family, I hope things are going well. What language do they speak where you are going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yahooooo!! I found your blog, glad you are settling in there. Post some pictures please. I know you have lots of spare time, it is not like you are learning a foreign language or anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I'm learning Creole, or as called here Kweyol or Patwa. We had a lesson yesterday and it's overwhelming! Thankfully I have a host cousin who likes to quiz me!
    Susan I posted some pictures on the next post! It's beautiful here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great minds Sara, thanks for the awesome pictures. It is seriously a.maz.ing!!

    ReplyDelete