The thoughts and opinions of this blog do not reflect that of the Peace Corps or the United States Government.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

confidence builder

While I struggled with helping the kids at school yesterday with a simple spelling exercise (spelling has always been one of my weaker suits), there is one aspect of the EC that I take as a confidence builder. It is the fact that almost daily while I'm walking down the street, guys make comments. I've heard everything from "sexy" to "my love" to "beautiful". We learned about this the first week of training in a session called "unwanted attention." To be honest, I just take it as a compliment (sometimes laugh) and move on.

2 comments:

  1. Dont forget about the spell checker on your cell phone and computer in Word or Google on the internet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks but I just got a cell phone and it is very basic. I'm just glad to finally have one. There aren't any computers in the classroom (the are one of the few schools that have a computer lab though)

    ReplyDelete