The thoughts and opinions of this blog do not reflect that of the Peace Corps or the United States Government.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Homestay



So my homestay family is amazing! I have a beautiful view of the Caribbean! Yep! I know you all are jealous! I'm going to be working in the little town at the bottom of this valley so I will live in this area my whole two years! It rained a lot this weekend so we didn't get out much, but I got to meet my mum's family. It's hard adjusting at some points, but overall it has been rather smooth. I'm learning a lot about life here including policies, how hard it is to get to the states, politics and how different it is from the U.S. It's really neat! I opened my bank account today and am really learning my way around. It's becoming home!

2 comments:

  1. omg Sara this is awesome! It's so beautiful! I picture you going around the village & figuring out where everything is...Wow! 2 years! you are really going to get to know your host family. i think thats wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I only live with my host family for 8 weeks then I move into my own apartment. I'm still getting to know them really well!

    ReplyDelete