The thoughts and opinions of this blog do not reflect that of the Peace Corps or the United States Government.

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Say What!?!

It has been another busy week. I had disaster preparedness/first aide/cpr training on Tuesday of this week. It was an optional overview, and since my CPR training expired in August, and I'm nervous about hurricanes (we're almost through the season!!) I attended. It was a good training, and I'm glad I went!
I spent the night in Castries, and then attended IST II (In service training 2) from Wednesday until Yesterday. I learned more in some sessions than others, and made some great learning assessments about myself, how I learn, and different teaching styles.
On my way to IST I saw the first car pulled over by a police officer here. I was shocked. Over 10 months here and a car was finally pulled over!
I am now getting ready to go to St. Kitts for a couple of days. I am anxious to get back to my community being gone for so long. It was hard to go back for less than one day and then leave again. But the next time I have to spend the night out of my community after this trip is when I go to Ohio for Christmas! It doesn't feel like November. The trees are green, with leaves on them. It's warm (sometimes it feels cool! aka in the 70s with a breeze!) I love it though!

No comments:

Post a Comment