The thoughts and opinions of this blog do not reflect that of the Peace Corps or the United States Government.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Jounen Kweyol

 Corn on the grill. It's not the same and as sweet as corn in the States, but it's good!
 The stage here in ALR!
 Some of the venders and the street. Later in the day, this street was so crowded that you could hardly walk down it!
A beautiful rainbow (there was actually a double rainbow) the other day!

Wow! Again, it is crazy here. We just celebrated Jounen Kweyol. ALR was a hosting community which means that people from all over the country came down. Jounen Kweyol is the celebration of the Creole culture. It was a lot of fun to see everything that happened! I have more pictures on my fb page.
I talked to someone that Friday who grew up in St. Lucia and always comes to visit during Jounen Kweyol. He asked me where I was from. I said Ohio. He said Cincinnati, Ohio. Turns out he grew up listening to a radio station from Cincinnati in St. Lucia!
It has also been one year since Hurricane Thomas hit St. Lucia. We've almost made it through another hurricane season (the end of November is the end of it). Watching the weather and learning the patterns has become a lot of fun for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment