The thoughts and opinions of this blog do not reflect that of the Peace Corps or the United States Government.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Movin' in!

This past weekend I moved into my own place. It’s the first time I’ve ever lived alone or even had a place to really call mine. I get to eat what I want, clean when I want, do what I want, get home when I want and I’m not really accountable for anyone for it. I have duties and responsibilities, but I really feel like an adult! The place I have is beautiful! It’s huge and I love it! Friday is the date that I swear in and become an official volunteer. I can’t believe it’s finally here and training is over! I will miss hanging out with the other volunteers, but will be glad to get to spend more time in my village. There are so many projects I want to get started on, but even more I just want to learn about my community and hang out with the people who live here.
The other day when I was getting on a bus to go to my village a little girl asked me if I was a tourist. I said no and that I lived here. She was like, oh, but you're really pale. I told her I was working on it and that seemed to satisfy her!

5 comments:

  1. Good luck Sara - loved the video; lots of great memories as I watched the pictures flip by. Be patient, flexible and enjoy each day of this life changing experience! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karen! Where were you placed on St. Lucia? I love it here so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara, just remember that you will grow older, but you need not grow up, keep the child like curiosity and faith.

    Uncle Doug

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Uncle Doug. I'm trying. Most of the time I just feel like a little kid playing dress up or acting older than I really am!

    ReplyDelete