The thoughts and opinions of this blog do not reflect that of the Peace Corps or the United States Government.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

It's the little things...

Today I found out that it is the little things that add up and end up getting to you. I'm a time oriented person, like a lot of people in the states and not that many people where I currently live. That means I get to church on time, even though I can count on it starting at least 10 minutes late, I get to meetings on time, even though I'm the first person there and no one else comes until at least 15 minutes after it is supposed to have started. I also like things to be effective and get done. I'm trying to not let these things bother me and adjust my expectations, but sometimes it is hard.
Needless to say, I had issues with my internet. Timing, working right, knowing account info, all of the stuff that would have been no issue normally, but compacted with other things (and the fact that the internet is my lifeline home) made it a huge issue for me.

Funny story...last night about 9:45 a huge spider about the size of my hand shows up in my house. Guess whose scared of spiders...ME! Yep! So I call my best friend here and he says he'll be right over to take care of it. So I open the door and turn on the porch light so I won't have to answer the door when he gets there. The spider starts chasing me around the house and I am screaming. My friend comes up, tells me he could hear me from the road and kills the spider for me. No big deal for him. He then goes on to inform me that the centipedes here are crazy large and scary and there's a type of spider that hates women. Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment