The thoughts and opinions of this blog do not reflect that of the Peace Corps or the United States Government.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

There's gotta be more...

There's a song that keeps coming back into my life at pivital points. That song is Stacie Orrico "There's gotta be more to life" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUOcQnWbk_U you can hear it using the link. I heard it all growing up but the first pivital time I heard it was in Chicago at a camping conference. I was reflecting on the weekend and how I was going to take what I learned to camp that summer. That song came on and it reminded me that no matter the programs I delt with, it was the impact I made on the kid's lives and pointing them to Christ that made the real difference. Yesterday I heard the song again on the bus on the way into Castries. It still means a lot considering right now I'm looking at what different programs I might be working with the next couple of years, how I might make a difference in the lives I come in contact, and what I'm actually doing here! I'm not allowed to proselytize while I'm here. I know that. But my hope and my prayer is that while I am here someone might see the life that I am trying to live and it point them toward God. I screw up on a daily basis living that life, but I get back up the next day and continue to work towards that goal. Because there is more to my life than a temperary high.

2 comments: