The thoughts and opinions of this blog do not reflect that of the Peace Corps or the United States Government.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Easter

How am I different Easter 2011 than Easter 2010? This question was posed to me by some lovely ladies at Echo Church after Steve asked this question to the church. It got me thinking…how am I different? For one, I’m more independent (yes mom if you can believe that!). But looking back at the past year I’ve changed radically. I feel this year I have more of an entire world view of the church rather than just a localized states one. I have more of an awareness of the worldwide church and its importance. I’m starting to realize how self-centered I am/can be. I realize more of what God’s forgiveness means as I need it more and realize how much I needed it before but didn’t realize it. I’m learning that sometimes repetition is good, as long as it is meant in your heart. How much starting my day out in prayer changes things and keep asking myself why do I have to be reminded to stop and pray during the morning assembly at school? I feel like I’m learning more about how I am a forgiven, messed up child of God just trying with His help to find my way closer to Him every day because I can’t even do that on my own. I hope and pray this growth continues to Easter 2012 and beyond.

6 comments:

  1. I'm sure you have one of the clearest answers to that question. Blessings as you celebrate Easter.

    Thinking about you, Sara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty impressive thoughts my beautiful little one. God, to be sure, is beaming His pride in his little daughter - for what a great and wondrous creature He created in you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! Steve-I miss coming to Echo sooo much!! What you guys have going on there is awesome! Susan- I'm inspired by you Echo ladies! Aunt Joyce- I can only hope...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing!! So glad you can see God moving and opening your eyes and heart during your time there so far and through your journey to get there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Kelly! You guys inspire me. I read the prayer requests and insights you guys send out after Bible study!

    ReplyDelete