The thoughts and opinions of this blog do not reflect that of the Peace Corps or the United States Government.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Ask not...

The Peace Corps (PC) celebrated its 50th birthday on March 1st! It has been in St. Lucia for all 50 years. I was at a meeting a couple of weeks ago and the people who live here still remember the names of the first PC volunteers that came to the island. The locals who were at the meeting were naming every volunteer that had been in their community and the impact that the volunteer had on their life and the community. To know I'm a part of something that is so much bigger than myself and that these students I'm working with might remember me in 50 years gives me goose bumps. The PC continues to have a huge effect on the lives of the people here and is truely fulfilling JFK's dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment