The thoughts and opinions of this blog do not reflect that of the Peace Corps or the United States Government.

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Wedding Bells are Ringing!

These last couple of weeks Luthur and I have been wedding planning long distance with my mom, dad, and sisters. When I add Luthur into that equation, most people would think he's a silent partner for wedding planning. Not my man! He's helped choose all sorts of things, such as decorations, accent color, and what type of cake. Ok, so he's had the main voice in the color and cake :) It's been quite a fun process so far.
All this on top of my normal work, so I took a vacation day tomorrow. On that day we're going to do several things related to visa/getting married. First of all, Luthur's getting some additional shots and picking up his birth certificate that will (hopefully) now have his name on it (the visa things)! Next we're going wedding ring shopping for Luthur! This should be a lot of fun! We've looked at a couple different places already. It's just a lot of fun doing this together. (That's one of the things I love about Luthur, we just have so much fun together.)
While I'm on the topic of our wedding, I just wanted to mention that it will be a small affair. Our plan is to get married about a week after we get into the states. That means that Luthur will be dealing with culture shock, along with finally meeting my family in person. I really don't want to then overwhelm him with a large wedding. I thank you ahead of time for being understanding.

Just a note on work...I'm gearing up for summer programmes! The kids are really excited about Fun Fridays and computer club! So it should be a lot of fun! Right now we're also working on a dance with the Boys and Girls Club for the variety show next week. It was hard at first (because I had to learn the dance, and I'm not a really good dancer), but the kids are picking it up and we'll have it all together by then!

No comments:

Post a Comment