The thoughts and opinions of this blog do not reflect that of the Peace Corps or the United States Government.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Living in the moment

"Wherever you are be all there. Live to the hilt every situation that you believe to be the will of God." Jim Elliot

This is something that is really hard for me. I am a planner. Which obviously means that I look to the future to plan. The future being later that day, week, month, year, or even the next couple years. While this is not a bad trait, in moderation, for me it can become obsessive to the point where I miss what is going on around me. I was sitting on a bus the other day thinking about how I just wished the bus ride was over and I was in town. Then it dawned on me, I'm not always going to be living on an island in the Caribbean, just enjoy the view. While planning is good (and I have a lot to plan for right now!), I still can't let it take over my life or I'm going to miss the present and what God has to teach me here and now. I'm going to miss the smiles on the childrens' faces, their greetings, the joy of the people I interact with each day. I will miss all this and I don't want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment