The thoughts and opinions of this blog do not reflect that of the Peace Corps or the United States Government.

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Thanksgiving in October




So last Monday was Thanksgiving. Since there were no traditions that I could find for Thanksgiving, the Boys and Girls Club aka The Superstars Club! decided to go to the beach! We had a great day with 19 kids taking part in our outing! It was fun, crazy, and I wouldn't have been able to survive without Louise and Luthur keeping track of the kids, making lunch, and keeping everything on track! They're the ones that really made this happen.

Life has been soo busy lately! But I love it! I'm hoping things get settled down this month with computer club and get into a rhythm so that way I can focus on the library. We're so excited to be getting the books for the library! (So if you haven't had a opportunity to give yet please do!)

I visited a new church this morning (the Penacostal church right in front of my house). I've been singing with them for a while now (their service starts before the one at the Catholic church that I've gone to) and really liked going there. There is also a Baptist church in the village that I would like to try out as well. I felt more at home in the Penacostal church than I've felt at the Catholic church (the people at the Catholic church have made me feel at home, it's the style of preaching, the songs, and just more all around what I'm used to). But life here in the Caribbean is going great! Keeping busier that I ever thought I would, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Time to go meet with the SuperStars Club! And life continues on...

No comments:

Post a Comment