The thoughts and opinions of this blog do not reflect that of the Peace Corps or the United States Government.

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Summer, Summer, where did you go?

The summer is coming to a close. While the weather is still the same, school is about to start...well, September 5th (on a side note-how dare my birthday not be a holiday in St. Lucia while it is one in the US? I mean really!?! And the first day of school as well lol!!) so it's coming. We have one week of computer lessons left (which went very well!! The kids showed up for them and learned a lot!), one week for teacher planning, and then SCHOOL!!
It's kind of nerve wracking starting a new school year.We're starting new projects, continuing old ones (like getting the library books in October from Hands Across the Sea http://www.handsacrossthesea.net/ please check them out and consider helping us if you haven't already), and changing some things up! We'll see how it goes!
I have a bunch of meetings coming up (I don't think I've ever been to this many meetings in my life!!) about our 50th celebration for PC and other projects.
I'm continuing my war on ants (not Aunts, because I love my Aunts), and I will win! So if you have any ideas on what I can do to kill them all please let me know!!
And...for those of you who think alls I do is go to the beach, I've been swimming once this entire summer! (And I live 1 1/2 blocks from the Caribbean.) Oh, well! I can always make that a goal for the winter :)

1 comment:

  1. Cinnamon and ants are natural enemies. And I am glad you like your Aunts!!

    ReplyDelete