The thoughts and opinions of this blog do not reflect that of the Peace Corps or the United States Government.

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Projects

These last couple months have been boring. "You live on a Caribbean island, how can that be boring?" you might ask. It's not where I live, but my work that has been boring. Trust me, I went to an awesome beach bonfire Saturday night! Since my projects at the primary school have been mostly stalled, that left my days open. For someone who likes to work and be productive, it's been a nightmare! So I've finally been able to find a couple of projects I'm excited about.
Project 1: This started today. During the day there are a couple kids that usually just get kicked out of class and walk around the school doing nothing. I get to work with them. Today we worked on Math. I found this really awesome website that makes worksheets for you. We did basic addition and subtraction and double digit of both as well. I got to see where the boys were struggling. We then made flash cards and played a game with them. They also got some time on the computer playing math games (their favorite part of the day).
Project 2: This is going to start next week. There are some kindergartners that are struggling and already a little behind. I'm going to go to the Infant school two mornings a week and help give them some extra 1-on-1 or 2-on-1 attention to help them get caught up.
I'm really excited about these. It should be fun, hopefully help the kids, and keep me busy too!

No comments:

Post a Comment