The thoughts and opinions of this blog do not reflect that of the Peace Corps or the United States Government.

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Lately.

So I realize that lately I haven't been good at posting. I wish I could say things have been really busy and that's why I haven't, but I can't. I'm going to work at doing better.
The principal at the school retired the end of September. We didn't know who the next principal would be. I went to the states October 1-13, and had no clue who to tell at the school! When I got back, I found out that one of the teachers is the acting principal. In December we'll find out who the principal will be for the long term.
In the states I got to do some wedding planning! I tried on my dress (love it!), saw the place that the wedding is going to be (again love it!), and picked out some decorations. I didn't get to see everyone I wanted (I wanted to make a trip to Echo and see my friends there and also see my friend Clarence who lives not that far from my parents. In addition, I didn't get to see my relatives in Toledo). But I got to see my sisters and their kids which was fun! I can't believe how fast the kids are growing up.
When I got back I found the computer lab still not in order. I've been helping the acting principal with a new reading program that she is putting in place. Every week the students have to read a book and write a book report on it. This week in grading is was really obvious when students just copied from the back of the book (and there were a lot of them that did!).
This Sunday we're kicking off Boys and Girls Club for the term. Hopefully the kids will come up with fun activities that don't cost a lot of money. They usually come up with going to the mall (up north) and going to Pizza Pizza (the only place here that has a playground). It should be a fun rest of the term!

No comments:

Post a Comment