The thoughts and opinions of this blog do not reflect that of the Peace Corps or the United States Government.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Learning

I feel as if I'm one of the "old guys." As in to say we just welcomed in a group of new PCVs which means I've officially been here for a year and in a couple of months will be the "oldest" PCVs here. Crazy! In some ways I feel like I've lived at least 5 years since I flew in last year, but in others I feel like it has only been a couple months! I think part of that is because of how busy I've kept with work, secondary projects, and with my social life; but most of all learning. I have learned so much in the last year about another culture, way of living, perspectives, way of cooking, coping, and most of all about myself. I know that this next year I am going to be learning a lot as well. I will be learning how to make this work go on after I leave. I will be learning more about computers so I can teach it to the children. I will be learning more about planning sporting activities in my community (I want to do an olympics this summer with a different sport every day during the olympics). I will learn more now than I can imagine. But learning is life, and I love living and love learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment