The thoughts and opinions of this blog do not reflect that of the Peace Corps or the United States Government.

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Reading Month

So the students are really enjoying getting to check out books from the school "library" that you saw in the last post. They are going through these books like crazy! My only issue is I don't know their reading levels. One 5th grader "read" through a book in a day, filled out the form for the reading competition, and brought it back for a new one. I told him to get a harder book and helped him pick one out. A teacher who came in when he was leaving informed me that he can't read. She had him last year. So we're working on figuring that out too!
So it really disturbs me when guys old enough to be my father hit on me (and then tell me age is nothing). If you were dating when I was born, please look at me as your daughter and not a potential date!! It's hard enough getting the guys my age to speak to me with respect and not expecting to sleep with me, let alone fighting the mentality of the whole village! I'm looking for friends, not a boyfriend. Check out this conversation I had with a couple of the guys in the village. True conversation: one of my guy friends comes up and tells me he'll see me later. The guys that I'm talking to say, "so that's your boyfriend" "No he's just a friend" I respond. "So he's your lover" "No, he's just a friend" "So you're sleeping with him" "no he's just a friend. We talk and hang out. That's all!"
I just wanna be FRIENDS, especially if you're old enough to be my father.

No comments:

Post a Comment